Shower Flow Diverter


Old 06-13-01, 09:20 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

I need to replace the flow diverter for my shower, as it has ceased to divert, and this disturbs me. It is the "3rd handle in the center type" (I don't know the correct term). I can't tell what brand. I went to the hardware store and looked at the replacement valves to get an idea what I was dealing with, then took the handle off and looked at the set up, but I'm unsure how to approach it. The valve is inside a threaded pipe with only the very end (where the handle attaches) exposed. Does the threaded pipe have to come off first? Does it all come out at once? I'd appreciate any help I can get here. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-01, 10:49 AM
Mike Swearingen's Avatar
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Northeastern NC On The Albemarle Sound
Posts: 10,952
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

Go to and follow the links to Faucets in the Plumbing section unitl you find your type of faucet for illustrated how-to info.
You should be able to repair it.
Good Luck!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: