PureFlow Press Ball Valves

Old 09-10-20, 03:58 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: United States
Posts: 107
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
PureFlow Press Ball Valves

Hello! Looking for advice on installing a ball valve with Viega PureFlow Press pex fittings.

Mainly I cant find a full port ball valve, can normal pex ball valves be used with PureFlow Press fittings? If so do you just buy the standard stainless sleeve and press on with the tool instead of a copper crimp ring?

Heres a photo of my existing 3/4 shutoff for reference on what Im talking about. The bottom is definitely a Viega PureFlow Press, not sure what the top is...I wonder if its factory installed with a piece of pex coming off of it? When I look up the model number, it just looks like a normal pex ball valve.

Existing 3/4 shutoff...being replaced with 1 when the 1 pex is extended up the wall.

Close up of existing 3/4 ball valve model #.

Reason Im looking is that Im extending my 1 service line (pex-b) and want to add a 1 shutoff and T off of it with a 1x1x3/4 PureFlow T (comes with sleeves) to go to a sillcock. So Id need a 1 shutoff and a 3/4 shutoff w/drain.

Existing plumbing was all done in the PureFlow press fittings. I picked up the 1 and 3/4 viega press (hand) tool off of craigslist for an amazing deal, so now I just need to figure out what valves to use and I can get going on this.

Supply House has this: 1 Viega Style Ball Valve with Drop Ears Id assume you just buy the sleeves and press it in.

Sorry for rambling, but I wanted to make sure I gave enough info to get help on which ball valve/fitting for purchasing. Thanks in advance for your help!

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: