water pressure

Old 06-15-01, 08:58 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Hey it's me again, with a 50 year old house your going to have a lot of questions

I have very little water pressure in the whole house so taking a shower is not very pleasent I found there was a water gage in the shower head and removed it, but the pressure is still bad I was told to find a valve of some kind on the outside of the house and open that and it would help. I have no Idea were this valve could be HELP
Old 06-16-01, 06:32 AM
Mike Swearingen's Avatar
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Northeastern NC On The Albemarle Sound
Posts: 10,948
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

If you're on public water, you may have a Pressure Reducing Valve between the meter and the house lines that can be adjusted, repaired or replaced, or you can check to see that your main house cut-off valve is fully open.
However, with a 50-year-old house, I suspect that your problem is old galvanized supply pipes, which are notoriuous for scaling up inside over time and eventually plugging up completely.
The only solution is to replace the galvanized, if you have it.
Good Luck!


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: