Installing Bidet

Old 01-01-21, 04:27 AM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Installing Bidet

Yep, my wife wants a bidet. And, maybe plumbing is not my thing. The connection to the tank is by an extended t-shaped pipe and that makes the distance from the supply line to the tank short. I have ordered a 6" flexible connector and I think that will do the trick. My question has to do with how the bending of the connector affects its durability. Specifically, if it connects and doesn't leak after say, 10 flushes and 24 hours, am I good to go or should I stay up and worry about a 2nd floor toilet leak during the night? Thanks all...always a great place for quick advice.

Old 01-01-21, 05:31 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 1,766 Upvotes on 1,579 Posts
I don't know of any bidet connector that makes the water supply connection shorter. The T fitting hangs down which usually brings the connection point closer to the water supply so there is extra slack in the line. But, whatever you are installing shouldn't have tension on the lines or fittings. If yours is tight and putting stress on the fitting I would get a longer water line. As far as not leaking mine was leak free when I first connected it and it's been OK for 3 years so far.

Old 01-01-21, 05:36 AM
Received 672 Upvotes on 595 Posts
I've installed several bidets. If the connecting supply line is braided SS then no worries. But if they're braided plastic, don't us them. If the bend is very sharp it will put a bit of strain on the connection, but in most cases if you make the connection without forcing the pipe or bending then you're good. If you think it's to short or tight, then buy a very long supply line and make a pigtail loop.

Old 01-01-21, 08:00 AM
K
Thanks, Dane. I think I explained it poorly. But, Norm sussed it out for me. Thanks for taking the time.

Old 01-01-21, 09:30 AM
O
Received 8 Upvotes on 7 Posts
I am an amateur plumber, so my philosophy has always been that I do not trust plumbing. Plumbing must first earn my trust.

With that in mind, I would most likely leave a small container under the new connection for a few days after the job. Usually these things, if they leak, it is just a constant drip, so this deals with the untrustworthy plumbing jobs I have done and for the others that don't ever leak, I just take the container away in a few days and call it one of my trusted connections.

Norm201 voted this post useful.
Old 01-02-21, 04:15 AM
K
Thanks Eagle, I'll take that advice :-).

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: