Stuck bolt,kitchen faucet

Old 06-21-01, 06:55 AM
Visiting Guest
I was in the process of replacing a 20 yr.old kitchen faucet..one bolt is severely tight..have used penetrating oil and basin wrench but, it will not budge. I'm afraid I'll strip it completely. Of course, working space is cramped. Any suggestions before I'm forced to call a 'pro'. Thnx. ahead of time...

Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-01, 11:02 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Oh how I love working on twenty year old faucets in cramped quarters!!! Just a handy man here, but hopefully I can shed some light on you situation.
Assuming you are replaceing the faucet, therefore you will not be to concerned how it comes out, just as long as it comes out.
In many cases like this I have resorted to using a deep socket, extensions and a good rachet (with cheater bar if needed). Just make sure you get the properly fitted socket, if you have to use a metic type, so it will not slip. I will have to admit, some times I have ended up breaking the bolt off before the nut ever came loose. But the faucet was free to be removed.

Good luck..........

Old 06-21-01, 11:49 AM
Visiting Guest
Trying2Help - Thnx. I'll give the socket option a try..I actually had the chisel out last night and decided to ask somebody..Good to know it's an 'honorable'alternative..Thnx. again..