How do I fix a Leaking Showerhead ?

Old 06-21-01, 12:01 PM
thekeymaker
Visiting Guest
i have water leaking from the shower head itself. plus i was told that it is leaking from behind the shower head as well. i'll prefer to replace the showerhead. then to tear the wall out any suggestion's as how to fix this Don,

Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-01, 12:31 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
You will have to be more clear on the problem. Is the water leaking out of the shower head when the faucets are off? Or is it spraying out of the back of the shower head while using the shower? Do you get water on the outside of the shower while using shower? Do you get water on the outside of the tub if shower is not used (if this is a shower/tub combination)?
May be able to help you, but each have a little different way of dealing with the problem.

Old 06-21-01, 03:31 PM
thekeymaker
Visiting Guest
Ok it's leaking from behind the wall from a shower pan or something like that and this is a shower only not a tub/shower combination. thank's for helping Don,

Old 06-22-01, 03:31 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cool

Don,
Could you still be more specific about your problem(s), as Trying2Help said?
If water is dripping out of your showerhead while the water is OFF, you have a faucet leak problem.
If water is spraying from where the showerhead connects to the shower arm while ON, then that is a simple connection problem easily corrected with teflon tape.
If your shower floor pan is leaking when the shower is ON, or if you have a constant leak inside the wall, then those are other problems entirely.
Please give us more info.

Old 06-22-01, 07:00 PM
thekeymaker
Visiting Guest
ok it is leaking from the shower pan when the water is running. any suggestion's