Repair of toilet pan

Old 06-25-01, 02:22 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

I was refurbishing an outside toilet in my 1896 Victorian Villa. In cleaning the quaint old bowl which is circular with one vertical exit hole in the base it rolled over and cracked in 2. This is an irreplaceable antiquity and I am desperate to repair it. I am not worried about what it looks like I just like the bowl and want it to be water tight.

The bowl is in 2 almost symmetrical pieces, cracked vertically from the rim to the vertical spigot at the base. This spigot sits in the U bend which is seperate to the bowl and is ok.

The bowl is marked at the back with an emblem and is called "The Westminster Tidy Closet". Not too sure what the material is but it is glazed and I an assuming it is vitreous china of some kind.

Any help would be appreciated even if it is negative.
Old 06-25-01, 07:46 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
sounds like it broke on a seam huh? I would call a ceramic shop,they may know best.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: