poor water pressure on well pump

Old 06-26-01, 11:24 PM
Visiting Guest
Exclamation

i lost the prime on my pump yesterday,i reprimed it everything is back working ,but i have poor water pressure going into the house .can anyone please help?

Old 06-27-01, 04:47 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cool

tyrone,
That could be caused by a number of things.
If you lost your prime, the check valve on the well side of your pump may be leaking back down the pipe or partially clogged. The only way to correct that is to replace the check valve.
OR, you may have a leak on the well side of the pump (any pipe connection). You can spritz shaving cream on the connections. If an indentation appears while the pump is running, clean off the shaving cream and re-seal the connection. If it is threaded, use 2-3 flat wraps of teflon tape clockwise only on the male threads.
The other thing to check is your pressure tank. If it is an air-bladder type, check it at the air valve near the top with a tire pressure gauge. It should be two psi below your pump cut-on pressure. If it is too high, bleed it down. If it is too low, air it up with a bicycle pump, portable air tank or compressor.
Those are the first three things to check. If one of them doesn't solve the problem, just come back in here on this same thread, and we'll try to help you.
Good Luck!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: