Old 06-27-01, 09:18 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
How do I fix a cracked stack on a second floor of a two family house?
Old 06-27-01, 10:15 AM
Mike Swearingen's Avatar
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Northeastern NC On The Albemarle Sound
Posts: 10,948
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

Is it cast iron, white plastic PVC, or black plastic ABS?
If it's cast iron, you will have to support the pipe above and below to keep it from falling, cut it with a special tool, and install Fernco couplings (rubber boots with two large pipe-size hose clamps) and a section of PVC or ABS.
If it is PVC or ABS, just hacksaw it out, and glue in a new section using matching couplings above and below with either PVC or ABS glue, as necessary.
Look in the "Build/Remodel" and "Repair/Fix-It" sections above for illustrated how-to info.
Good Luck!


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: