Need a G1/2 female to 1/2 Male or appropriate adapter

Old 01-10-22, 08:36 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 200
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Need a G1/2 female to 1/2 Male or appropriate adapter

So I purchased the following to try and reconnect my bidet:

Little did I know that a G1/2 connector is different than a 1/2 connector. Not sure if that's the case but can you recommend a different hose that will fit it and have a female 3/8" on the other side? Or even an adapter that will work.

Old 01-10-22, 02:21 PM
Group Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: NC, USA
Posts: 25,979
Received 1,776 Upvotes on 1,588 Posts
You said "reconnect". Why can't you reuse the fitting that was there? If you want to replace the flex water supply hose it's a standard used on toilets and available at all home centers and plumbing suppliers.

If you are connecting a new bidet look through the hardware included with the bidet. Every one I've installed came with the "T" splitting fitting.

If looking for fittings in the US most people don't call it a G1 2. Most would call it a "1/2" straight thread" or "1/2" BSP".
Old 01-11-22, 05:45 AM
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 379
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Not sure that your local hardware store would carry it but there are G1/2 to 1/2NPT adapters available. The thread pitch is different hence the need for an adapter. Available on amazon for $8.
The braided line you show is for a typical balcock valve on a toilet. 7/8" You might be able to use the braided line for a faucet which is 1/2" NPT as the adapter you are looking for is 1/2". The braided line makes a seal using a rubber washer to the inside of the pipe, not thread to thread binding. As long as you can snug up the nut, it might work. I would try the braided line with a metal nut instead of the plastic nut.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: