Toilet Backup/leaking

Old 07-04-01, 08:29 AM
Visiting Guest
Unhappy

I have back to back toilets. When the one in the guest restroom is flushed it causes water to leak under the seal in the other restroom. When the toilet in my restroom is flushed it causes the one in the guest restroom to bubble and nearly overflow. The lines from the kitchen, bathroom sink, shower and tub, show water flowing freely. When the guest toilet is flushed hardly any water flows. When my toilet is flushed the water flows to the main line pipe. I have had a plumbing outfit out twice in the last two days rotoring the lines, but it still has stoppage. Does anyone know what the problem is and what needs to be done???

Old 07-04-01, 11:38 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cool

Hal,
I'm not a plumber, but it sounds like you may have a partial blockage in the main stack just below where the toilets connect to it. (Toilets have their own built-in trap.)
Have you tried running a plumber's snake straight down the drain/waste/vent pipe from the vent pipe on the roof? Flush the stack out with a wter hose sprayer after snaking it.
If you have a wax seal that is leaking, that toilet needs to be pulled, and the seal replaced anyway. You might try augering the pipe while the toilet is out of the way, also.
Good Luck!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: