Sand issues....

Old 07-05-01, 06:48 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Hello,
We're still getting sand in our faucets and shower head. I know the well pump was replaced in the last 6 months. What does sand indicate? Would installing a filter be OK or is sand and indication of things to come? Today, I'll be calling the well company that did the work for some info on the well...

Glenn

Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-01, 08:26 AM
We had sand in a shallow well and the answer was a sandpoint that has a fine screen. So a filter should do the trick. The reason I choose not to go with a filter is the sand point made the wll deeper and it does not reqire cleaning. A filter should stop the sand as well.

Good Luck

Old 07-05-01, 08:38 AM
Thanks John!

What exactly is a sandpoint and how does it work?

Old 07-05-01, 03:39 PM
A sand point is a long narrow peice of pipe with screen to let water in and threads on one end to screw pipe into. The other end has a point on it. Sandpoints are used for shallow wells and basically you put a peice of pipe on the sand point and drive it into the ground. The ground must be sand and or gravel and soft as you can only drive it so hard without the pipe and or sand point being damaged. The sand point will work driven in the sand. I used one with a shallow well with a Jet Pump and there is no sand coming in now and plenty of water.

Good Luck

Old 07-06-01, 04:46 AM
Thanks!

I called the well company yesterday. Hopefully, the guy will get back to me today at some point. I want to find out how deep the well is. I know it's an artesian(sp?) well, but I'm not sure how deep it is. Everyone keeps telling us not to "water the lawn so much" becuase "the well will dry out". Hopefully, the guy at the well place will provide me with some answers....

Glenn