Replacing frostproof sillcock

Old 07-14-22, 07:20 AM
B
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Replacing frostproof sillcock

I have to replace/overhaul a 12" Nibco frostproof sillcock. It almost shuts off completely and when on, it leaks past the stem. I have looked at 3 different big box stores and Amazon and all I can find are the antisiphon kits that I don't need. I have no problem replacing it if no one has parts or if parts approach the cost new.. If I replace it, what is a good quality brand that have parts available? Thanks in advance!

Old 07-14-22, 08:34 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 1,703 Likes on 1,522 Posts
Online there are repair kits available.

Old 07-14-22, 11:20 AM
B
I spent about 45 minutes online and couldn't find anything that looks like the Nibco 90 end I'm looking for. I did fins a Matco-Norca insert that looks like the piece I want, but I have no clue if it would fit. I also found some Nibco 95 parts, but they don't look right. I'm going to look some more, but I'm almost ready to replace the whole thing and be done with it. I just wish the two local plumbing supply houses by me that I used to rely on hadn't closed/moved.

Old 07-16-22, 04:13 PM
B
Just an update, I finally found on the Nibco website that the Nibco 90 has been discontinued and repair parts are no longer available. Based on when I installed the Nibco, it had already been discontinued and the big box store was using up inventory. So Today I ordered a Prier sillcock that will be delivered and hopefully installed Wednesday

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: