particulate problems

Old 07-07-01, 11:52 AM
Antony W. Serio
Visiting Guest
I am having a problem with particulates cloging the cold water inlet on my washing machine. There is a screen filter on the inlet, and it clogs so bad that water will not flow after washing only one load with cold water. Right now, I have a jerry rigged 'washer filter' before the inlet that I can remove and clean between loads (I have to clean the built in filter on the machine), but I am looking for a more permanent solution. I know have iron in my water, but I do not have hard water problems, and the washing machine is the only place that I am having particulate problems. I did have a ceramic filter on my sink for a while, but it clogged up (with iron?) after only a week of use, so I removed it. Any advice as to a more permanent solution would be helpful.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-01, 04:08 PM
If galvanized pipes replaceing them all will and should slove the problem

Old 07-07-01, 07:05 PM
Antony W. Serio
Visiting Guest
There are no galvanized pipes, all copper or plastic. The house was built in '72. The problem may be caused by the well or the pump. I have no idea how old the pump is, and I do not know if the pump is supposed to have a particulate filter or not.

Old 07-12-01, 11:04 AM
Antony W. Serio
Visiting Guest
Could this problem be caused by my pressure tank? I know it is not new, but I don't know how old it is. As I said before, all of the pipes in my house are either copper or plastic. I do not know how old the well pump is either. The filter screen is a jerry-rigged solution and I would like to solve the problem permanently.