Can you identify the brand of this hose bibb

Old 02-01-23, 11:43 AM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Can you identify the brand of this hose bibb

House was built in 1988 and I am assuming these are originals. Does any recognize them and know who made them? I am looking for replacement parts and specifically a new stem if its available. They are freeze less type if that matters.

Many Thanks

Old 02-01-23, 12:30 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,144 Upvotes on 1,920 Posts
I would call it a no-name. Many retailers and online suppliers offer them.

Why do you need to replace the stems? That is not normally replaced so it's not a common spare part.

Old 02-01-23, 02:02 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,922 Upvotes on 3,518 Posts
Take the stem out, lay it out flat next to a tape measure and take a picture.
That's the easiest way to find a replacement stem.
You will need to shut the water off first.

Just so you are aware.... most stems have a washer at the bottom of the valve that is easily replaceable. The problem is a cracked seat. If that happens your only choice is to replace the entire valve.

Old 02-01-23, 03:38 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I will try to get that picture. My issues is that out of nowhere, the faucet popped open. Don't know of any better way to explain it. No one was outside, but luckily I was home to get it closed again. I had to loosen the packing nut and push in and seat then tighten it back up to close. I have replaced the washer before. The sudden opening is a little concerning with winter still doing its thing.

I have no access to the water connection as it is inside a wall. I would have to cut into the drywall to replace so hoping that I can do something to get by until Spring.

Thanks for the feedback.

Old 02-01-23, 04:08 PM
C
Received 350 Upvotes on 293 Posts
Replace it with an inexpensive hose bib and add a ball valve inside the foundation. The ball valve eliminates the freeze problem and buying two solves the problem with parts availability parts availability.

Old 02-01-23, 07:36 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,922 Upvotes on 3,518 Posts
"Faucet popped open".
If you got a flood of water it usually mean the threads at the bottom of the valve are bad.
You wouldn't know until you inspected it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: