tapping a cpvc line

Old 07-16-01, 03:59 AM
Visiting Guest
I purchased an ice maker installation kit to connect my cold water line to my refridgerator. It turns out that my supply line is cpvc. I have installed this kit at copper supply lines but never cpvc. I called Home Depot to get their fix. I was told that there should be no problem - it should work the same way. I installed the kit per the instructions and it leaks from around the black washer that surrounds the puncture pin. I purchased another puncture fitting rationalizing that the seal was bad. I used the same puncture hole. Same result - leaking in the same spot. I can close the puncture valve and the water does not leak. I have come to the conclusion that these kits, as they are sold, will not work with cpvc. Does anyone have an idea how I could get this to work without leaking? By the way the kit is a plastic tubing kit.

Thanks

Tim Manville

Old 07-16-01, 05:45 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I would not use the kits on copper or plastic as I think they are junk. Since you now have a hole in the pipe anyway go get a tee and cut the pipe apart and glue it in to run the line to the icemaker. Home depot can give you an over view of how to do this.

Good Luck

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: