raise hot water temp.

Old 07-20-01, 04:16 PM
Visiting Guest
I'd like to raise the hot water heater temp. to l30, but sadly, I don't know how. I was hoping to find a handy numbered dial or something. Instead, there are two metal plates one above the other. I took them off and found styrofoam fake door thingys, but then didn't know what to do.

Thanks?

Old 07-20-01, 05:24 PM
Visiting Guest
Question I want to know how to raise the temp on my water heater too

This is an excellent question. I am new to this site, but i'd like to raise the temp on my hot water heater. It is a Rheem Standard 62V-40S...any help anyone can provide would be appreciated.

Old 07-20-01, 07:06 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cool

The two metal plates with insulation under them cover the upper and lower thermostats and elements. Just remove the metal covers and insulation.
You should not remove the plastic covers over the tstat hot electrical connections, however, unless you cut the heater breaker off at the electrical panel. (You shouldn't have to remove them anyway.)
Look for tstat dial that can be turned by hand (or screwdriver) to adjust the temp. There will be readable temp settings. Just turn it to the desired temp.
Most dishwasher detergents are made to work best at 140, which is where mine is set.
Be aware that it is recommended that hot water temp not be set above a max of 120, if there are small children in the home that could be scalded.
Good Luck!

Old 07-20-01, 09:45 PM
Visiting Guest
raise water heater temp.

Thanks for your help. Your directions were excellent and I was successful in boosting the temp. up to 140!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: