main shutoff valve


Old 07-22-01, 05:49 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
My main water supply is a lead pipe coming up through the concrete floor. The lead pipe attaches to a galvanized pipe with a shutoff valve. I had a leak in the shut off valve which I broke when trying to fix. I had the city shut off the water to the house consequently. How can I attach a pipe with shutoff valve to the old lead pipe? Can I do it with copper or do I have to use galvanized steel? and how do I do it?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-01, 12:57 AM
Mike Swearingen's Avatar
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Northeastern NC On The Albemarle Sound
Posts: 10,952
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

You have a LEAD pipe for your water supply?
Replace it immediately.
Call 1-800-426-4791 or 1-800-424-LEAD (EPA Lead Hazard numbers), if you're not aware of the dangers.
Good Luck!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: