Drainage Tile

Old 07-26-01, 07:25 AM
JEMBREY
Visiting Guest
In reference to a question I posted several weeks ago, I will be cutting through the concrete in my basement to install drainage tile around the perimeter of my basement. I know I need to put gravel around the tile, but my question is, do I put a layer below the tile and on top of it? And how thick of a layer? Is there anything else that is needed other than the gravel, tile, and the concrete to re-close the trench? Thanks.

Old 07-26-01, 01:17 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cool

I would put at least 3" of gravel all around the tile (above, below, and sides).
I assume this will be perforated drain tile? If it is, I would not bury it in concrete, because it may need to be cleaned out (dirt accumulation, etc.) at some point in time.
I also assume that the tile is sloped and flowing into a sump pump pit?
Good Luck!

Old 07-27-01, 04:16 AM
JEMBREY
Visiting Guest
Yes it will be flowing into a sump pump pit. How much of a slope I can achieve is questionable, because the pump openings that accept the tile are only maybe a foot below the floor and I have to run tile for the whole perimeter. Therefore, it must be a very gradual slope. What do you mean you don't suggest burying it in concrete? This basement will be finished. Not burying it would mean having an open trench of gravel right underneath the floor. Thanks.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: