Slow drain in tub

Old 07-28-01, 06:09 AM
Visiting Guest
Unhappy

This is the strangest thing. The drain in my tub seems to get slower. I've tried everything and had some success. But it seems if I don't put some drain opening chemical in there every other week, it starts slowing down. Aside from having a plumber come in and thouroughly clean it (or can I do this myself?) what can I do? What tools might I use, if I were to do this? Or can anyone recommend a great drain opener?

Old 07-28-01, 06:35 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cool

There is an enzyme-based drain cleaner called DrainCare that dissolves soap scum, hair, etc. that I use to open up sluggish drains.
Just follow the directions.
You might can clean out hair, etc. with a piece of flexible wire cable with small "fish hooks" bent on the tips of the unraveled strands with needle nose pliers.
There is no need to use things like Drano, etc. Those are made for completely clogged drains only.
Good Luck!

Old 07-28-01, 09:36 AM
Visiting Guest
Wow!

Thanks for responding so quickly. I should have mentioned that it goes so slowly that it might as well be clogged. If I don't clean it every two weeks or so it will get to a point where the water is up to my ankles by the time I'm done showering. I've tried Drano and other products such as that in the past and they've yielded nothing. But I like the fishhook technique. I suspect that there is something in there that's promoting some build-up. Probably a fish :-). Thank you.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: