Drain stubout

Old 07-31-01, 05:30 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
I am replacing a bathroom sink. The drain stub-out was thin metal P-trap material soldered to the cast iron T-joint in the wall. The stub-out has corroded through and had to be removed. The T-joint does not have threads to accept a threaded stubout pipe. What should I use? Should I solder a new thin metal drain pipe to the iron T-joint or is there something more durable I should use so I wont have leaks behind the wall? Thanx.
Old 07-31-01, 06:42 PM
Mike Swearingen's Avatar
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Northeastern NC On The Albemarle Sound
Posts: 10,948
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

Since there is no pressure on a drain, you can either solder a new piece to the cast iron T just like the old one, or caulk a piece of thin plastic drain pipe into it.
Good Luck!

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: