Toilet Bowl Water Level

Old 08-05-01, 02:25 PM
Visiting Guest
Can anyone tell me if I am able to adjust the water level in my toilet bowl, or is it determined by the toilet I have. I find the level too low, although it fills up very high and there is good pressure when it flushes.
Any responses are appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-01, 04:06 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cool

You can check a few things.
Look inside the tank for a line identation in it indicating the proper water level. If it isn't filling to that level, bend the float arm until it does, if you have a float ball type tank water inlet assembly.
If you have a float-cup type assembly, pinch the clip on the little rod beside the cup and adjust it up or down to adjust the proper water level.
Also, with the tank lid off, flush the toilet and make sure that the flapper isn't closing to quickly. Shorten the flapper chain on the handle arm until it just allows the flapper to seal completely, after filling.
Next, check the little holes under the edge of the bowl rim to see that they are not clogged, restricting water flow. Use a coathanger wire and twist it around in them to break up any deposits.
If this doesn't help solve the problem, come back on this thread and we'll try to help you.
Good Luck!