LOW PRESSURE INSIDE HOME/HOW TO INSTALL 2ND WATER HEATER

Old 08-05-01, 04:46 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

I have a single level home that is 15 years old and the water pressure seems awfully low most times. I've called the water company to test for pressure, but they only test for the pressure on their side of the connection. Why would the pressure be so low on the inside and according to the water company, be 65 psi on the outside? Another question is how do I install a second water heater in the attic of the far side of my home since the hot water takes so long to get hot on the other side of the home? Any suggestions and/or answers would be appreciated.

Art

Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-01, 07:05 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cool

Low water pressure:
You probably have a Pressure Reducing Valve on your side of the water meter (possibly at your house around the main cut-off) since you're on public water. A PRV can be adjusted, repaired or replaced.
You can get a meter with a spigot attachment to test your home water pressure on a hose bibb.
Water heater:
You can install a water heater in an attic, but I would insulate it with one of those kits, and make sure that it was installed with a drain pan under it.
You will need to terminate the hot water plumbing from the old heater to the area that you want to use the new heater for.
It will need a 30 amp circuit with 10/2-wite-ground wiring, a cold water supply line with cut-off into the heater, and a hot water line out to the use area.
Good Luck!