Plumbing for Addition

Old 08-12-01, 08:59 AM
Visiting Guest
I am putting an addition on my existing house which is on a slab. All of the water supply and waste lines are under/in the slab, so tapping into the existing system seems almost impossible (At one point, I had considered tapping into the existing system behind a tub. The cold water supply line here is 3/4", but the hot water is only 1/2" which I don't think is sufficient nor do I think it will meet code).

Does anyone have any ideas here? Is my only option to run a new supply line after the meter, around the perimeter of my house and into the addition (where I will have to heat the water which is another problem)? The attic is not a very good choice since I live in Michigan.

What about the waste line? Am I correct to assume that I will need to have someone install a new drain around my house and connect up to the existing system in the front yard?

Any help/info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Zack

Old 08-12-01, 03:21 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Tapping lines under slab is not impossible by any means. It is a lot of work but it usually saves a lot of pipe and time as well. I have done it in several places where I have worked. You will need to jack hammer the floor up to get the lines exposed then cut tees in. I do not believe that anyone would run pipe all the way around a house (water or waste to avoid jack hammering a floor up). One waste main will handle the house so I see no need for another.

Good Luck

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: