water supply to bath tub

Old 08-14-01, 08:16 AM
Visiting Guest
Question

HI, THE WATER SUPPLY TO MY UPSTAIRS TUB FOR WHATEVER REASON HAS JUST STOPPED. NOT COMPLETELY, BUT THE PRESSURE IS SO VERY LOW. THE FAUCET IS THE KIND THAT JUST HAS ON HANDLE FOR HOT AND COLD. I HAVE NO IDEA ON WHY, I SHOWERED THAT MORNING AND THE PRESSURE WAS FINE, BUT WHEN I GOT HOME THAT NIGHT THE PRESSURE WAS VERY LOW. THE SUPPLY TO THE TOILET AND TO THE SINKS IS JUST FINE, AND IT DOESNT MATTER IF THE SHOWER IS ON OR NOT THE PRESSURE IS STILL VERY LOW.
PLEASE HELP!

Old 08-14-01, 01:37 PM
Visiting Guest
The problem with tubs and showers is that there are very rarely shutoffs available. Usually, the only way to do it is from your cellar (or other area) where the supply lines can be gotten at.

On the off chance that there is a closet on the other side of the wall containing your supply pipes, consider yourself lucky. Bottom line here is that the control unit is probably defective or clogged. If you don't feel comfortable doing so, get a plumber.

In any case, shut the water off and dismantle the control.
Since it's an all in one, there should be a plastic cap (showing hot - cold). Pop it off and there will be a screw holding the knob on the valve assembly. You'll have to hunt and peck from there but you need to disassemble the control valve enough to inspect it well.
If you can get it apart, you might even take it to your local Home Depot or some such for some help in determining the problem, probable success in repairing the unit and the parts necessary to get the job done.

Old 08-14-01, 05:48 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cool

And you can go to "Repair/Fix-It" above, look in the Plumbing section, find your type of faucet for an illustrated how-to.
Good Luck! Mike

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: