mobile home bathtub woes

Old 08-15-01, 10:00 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

Hi There,

I am fixing up an older mobile home and most of the challenges seem to revolve around plumbing. The area around the bathtub has water damage and a small amount of termite damage. The surround was tile board and has had a couple of repairs. I have removed the tile board and gotten rid of the bugs etc. Now I face a yellow bath tub.

The tub appears one of the smaller ones that are found in a home store and appears to cost about $85 for the same thing. My original idea was to cover the yellow with that epoxy they sell for reglazing the tub and then do the surround in ceramic tile on top of newly installed magic board etc.

The surround has to be replaced but I still question what to do about the yellow tub.

But before I go to that trouble I feel I should consider just replacing the whole thing or learning to live with the yellow tub. (I have a yellow toilet and sink too)

I have heard reglazing do-it-yourself can have less than desireable results. What are your thoughts and suggestions? How hard is putting in a new tub etc?

Thanks much!

Old 08-18-01, 02:17 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cool

Go to "Build/Remodel" above in the Bathrooms section for an illustrated how-to on Showers and Tubs.
Good Luck!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: