Another low pressure question

Old 08-20-01, 09:16 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
We just bought a 25 year old house a couple of months ago.
The kitchen sink (I will try to describe it) consists only
of a sprayer. It looks similiar to a sprayer, you can pull
it out, etc. No other faucets. Underneath the sink, water
also goes to the ice maker. Up until today, we had good
water pressure. Now, there is very little water pressure
at the kitchen sink. We have no other problem with water
pressure elsewhere. I took the very end of the sprayer off
where there is a filter, but even without the filter, the
pressure was low. The sprayer is chrome and looks like a
faucet. In other posts, I read about a diverter, but
I am not sure I would have a diverter with such a hookup.
There is low pressure with both the hot water and cold
water. Thank you for any help.
Old 08-21-01, 10:56 AM
Mike Swearingen's Avatar
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Northeastern NC On The Albemarle Sound
Posts: 10,948
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

The sprayer faucet has some type of diverter in its base.
You should be able to take it apart and get replacement and repair parts.
Turn off the cut-off valves to the faucet and disassemble it (note the brand name), take the diverter to a store and get an exact replacement, and reassemble it.
Good Luck!

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: