Install icemaker filter under sink?

Old 08-30-01, 08:47 PM
Visiting Guest
I presently have an RO system under my sink, but am not happy with the volume of output, plus it takes up most of the cabinet space under there.

My idea is to replace the RO with a GE icemaker water filter GXILQ, which filters almost everything, and connect it to the RO water faucet. The advantages are it takes up very little space, the filters are cheaper, and I will get more water. I even prefer this to the other under-sink filter systems as they seem to be made for the faucet output and not drinking water alone

My question, is there any reason not to install an icemaker filter in this way, since I will only be using it for 1-2 gallons per day?

Old 08-31-01, 04:38 PM
Visiting Guest
No reason at all. You'll just get longer filer life at 1-2 gallons a day.

Old 09-09-01, 02:49 PM
Visiting Guest
ice maker

if yor r/o is not putting out more than 2 gal. a day then i would fix the r/o. they should put out at least 10 gal per day. the r/o cleans the water at the molecular level. the ice maker filter only filters the water at a much lower level. check the drain line on your r/o. there are several reasons for low out put. if you have more questions feel free to contact me. mysticwtr@cfl.rr.com

cj
owner:
mystic water systems

Old 09-09-01, 05:04 PM
Visiting Guest
Thanks CJ. The problem with the RO is that the amount that comes out after sitting for a peroiod of time is only about half a cup. I can get another half a cup after 5 minutes, so there is some pressurization issue, but I have pulled the main unit apart and rebuilt it and still get the same results.

I will look at the drain line and see if it is blocked.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: