Broken closet flange (floor flange)

Old 09-09-01, 01:35 PM
Nancy Cammille
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Removed toilet to replace tile which was damaged due to moisture and found the closet flange was broken and was apparently glued in place as there are no bolts to remove. Is there a way we can remove and replace this or is this a job for a plumber? Thanks much.
Old 09-09-01, 02:17 PM
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 62
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
There are flange repair kits available.
If your toilet is on a slab
(rather than a raised foundation), it may get more complicated

good luck
Old 09-14-01, 05:59 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
yup, there are some really neato devices now... "flange repair".... = looks like a "C-shaped" piece of metal with an oblong hole in it to stick the bolt through.... then use a wire-cutters, and clip away a section of the flange to slide the metal piece in with the bolt on it,,,, whallah! , ready to bolt it into place.... the metal piece should hold onto whats left of the flange... hope that helps a bit... look for these in hardware stores?... or apartment maintenance supply stores...

p.s.=== there's also a device that "clamps" into the drain pipe..... but, while i love new inventions...., it sets on top of the previous flange.... and therefore, sets way too high. --although i haven't yet tried chiselling out the old one.... that may work....

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: