broken pipe in slab

Old 09-19-01, 01:19 PM
Visiting Guest
Hello I need help any suggestions would be greatly apricated. Behind my hot waterheater there is a leak I belive it is the cold water pipe coming to the heater there is water coming up from the floor, the room right next to it I broke open the wall and it is completly dry so i think the water is coming up through or just at the pipe going to the hot water heater now I dont have insurance and not much money so I have to try to fix myself Do you belive that since the next room floor is not wet do you think its coming from directly under where it is coming up and if so how deep in the concret does these copper pipes go and how do you break up the slab with what tools so to not break the pipe even worse. Please ny suggestions on what I should do

Old 09-19-01, 07:50 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Cool

There isn't a good way for you to really determine where that line is leaking under the slab, except by breaking the concrete up with a sledge hammer or cutting it out with a rented masonry saw.
You can use ready-mix concrete to refill the area.
If it is very near an outside wall at the edge of the slab, you also might be able to tunnel under the slab to find it and fix it.
If it is galvanized pipe, you might be able to unscrew it counter-clockwise, and install another piece exactly the same size and length. Use 2-3 flat wraps of teflon tape clockwise only on the threads to seal it.
Good Luck! Mike

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: