Shower Pan

Old 09-21-01, 12:26 PM
racotterel
Visiting Guest
Lightbulb

Ok here we go, Ill tell you my problem and a solution I have you can just tell me is it feasible or give me the best option. I have a fibre glass or plastic shower pan in a 2nd story home, where the wall meets the lip is about a 3/8 to 1/2 gap. This is not all the way around but at the widest point, tearing it down and resetting it is not an option now and its too costly. Water is getting in between the gap an leaking downstairs not heavyly but its starting to be visible, the bathroom has been off limits for a week now. My solution was to use that stuff Home Deopt has call Great Stuff to fill in the gap and once this is cured (8 hrs) sand it down smooth like the wall. Then use that product that is a bath tub moulding that forms a angle to sheat off the water, then put a bead of silcone on top and bottom to help prevent water from re entering gap. You may wonder why use the Great Stuff first, well the cured product will form a backing to prevent the the moulding from fall down off the pans lip and fall between the wall and also as a added waterprofer........All ideas or comments are welcomed.....Thanks

Old 09-21-01, 01:12 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Cool

Sounds like it may work to me, but I'm not a pro.
You might want to run this by the pros over in the Ceramic Tile forum.
Good Luck! Mike

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: