gurgling/stopped up/overflowing

Old 10-23-01, 01:34 AM
kjh
Visiting Guest
Question

This problem includes the tub, toilet and sink, also sometimes the washer. The happens intermittently: the toilet overflows, even if just water. When the tub or washer drains, it bubbles and gurgles in the toilet causing overflow and also comes up in the sink. Plunging does no good, usually just have to wait for the water to go down and hope it flushes the next time. I had a plumber here a few months ago and he "snaked" out the drain outside and showed me how to check it. There is water moving down it whenever I check. This morning when the upstairs shower was on, there was gurgling and bubbles downstairs in the toilet.
This overflowing used to be once in a while, now it is almost daily and I am tired of washing my towels. Any suggestions on what else to do? Thanks-kjh

Old 10-23-01, 07:20 AM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Have a sewer Co. snake out the main line. Make sure they snake the line in the house and all the way to the street or to the septic system. Good luck Dave

Old 10-23-01, 09:32 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Cool

And try to get a company that has video that can also check the line for roots, and then roto-rooter those out, if necessary.
Snaking will clears clogs, but hairlike roots need to be cut out.
Good Luck!
Mike

Old 10-23-01, 10:29 AM
L
Smile

Very true about the roots, if in fact that is the problem they will grow back so you will need to have the line cleaned out every so often. Dave

Old 10-23-01, 10:43 AM
Chemicals will not work either, there a waste of money.

Old 10-23-01, 11:03 AM
kjh
Visiting Guest
Thanks for the info, plumber was here and snaked the main line outside to the street, also came in and ran an auger thru the toilet. Did not find anything. I ran the washer full, turned on the tub and flushed the toilet and everything was fine. But this problem comes and goes, so when it happens again (tonight, tomorrow, next week,....) do I call him again or should I call a different one? I get the feeling that since it is OK right now, he doesn't feel like anything else needs to be done. I don't want to keep calling a plumber but don't know what else to do except keep towels and mop handy.

Old 10-14-02, 06:25 PM
Richard grant
Visiting Guest
clogged toilet

I'm also having the same problem you are having. When it rains our toilets overflow, but they are fine when there is no rain. Water level is also low and the gurgle. Is there any thing you might be able help me with?

Old 10-14-02, 06:44 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Call the same plumber, he will get to the bottom of your problem or go broke trying.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: