Infiltrator Septic System

Old 11-14-01, 06:29 PM
Visiting Guest
Question Infiltrator Septic System

I am having problems with my septic fields to the point that they will likely have to be replaced. I've been told that the "Infiltrator System" is an alternative to replacing the fields but don't knpow anything about this system.

Infiltrator System has a good website but I would like to hear from somebody that has this system or knows any pros or cons about it.

Thanks

Old 11-14-01, 07:31 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cool

They do have an interesting site, but I'm not familiar with their system either.
The best way to check them out is to start with your local Health Department, which permits and inspects septic systems, to see if they, or any State environmental agency, is familiar with them.
They are supposedly in all 50 states, so they must have been permitted and have some kind of track record there. There are numerous alternative septic systems approved by various states, and they may have detailed info on them.
Do you have any idea of the cost vs. a conventional system?
Mike

Old 11-15-01, 12:50 PM
Visiting Guest
Smile Infiltrator System

Thanks for the reply.
I'm from Canada I found out today that there are some of these systems installed locally. A standard septic system here runs around $5000.00 the estimate I was given today for the infiltrator system is $2500.00. Quite a difference.
It can be installed in about a day and doesn't require anything other then digging a 3 foot wide trench for the system and hooking it up. No rock to bring in or remove and limited distruption to the landscaping.
The main thing I understand is having a perculation test to see if the soil can handle the system.
Hopefully I will be able to talk with some people locally and get their thoughts.

Thanks again
Brent

Old 11-15-01, 05:33 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cool

Brent,
Thanks for your reply.
What agency there does inspections and permits for septic systems? They should do your soil tests.
Here, they did away with perc tests a number of years ago, and now do sample soil borings, and custom-design each permitted system based on the soil type.
If these are approved and can be installed for about half-price of a conventional system, I would greatly appreciate being kept informed.
Thank you.
Mike

Old 11-16-01, 04:53 PM
Visiting Guest
Talking Infiltrator - Permits

Old Guy:

Permits for septic systems are issued by the City Building Inspector. I'm not sure if they require a perc test although I heard they still do. Not sure of the city does the test or a private company.

The city no longer issues permits for new spetic systems within the city limits but still allows upgrades of existing systems.

I'll get back to you when I get more details.

Thanks for your help.

Wefnod

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: