Unsure of venting..Please help

Old 12-08-01, 04:14 PM
fuller911
Visiting Guest
Unsure of venting..Please help

I'm redoing our main bath completely, new fixtures, tub the whole works. After removing the old sheetrock I discovered that there isn't venting to the stack for the sink and tub, or at least that appears to be the case. The drains from the tub and sink run directly to where the water closet is and they don't appear to be vented. The left picture is an overhead view and the one on the right is what it looks like from the basement. Is this a correct way of doing this?

Old 12-08-01, 05:29 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
[SIZE=3]This is how it should be layed out, hope this helps

[/SIZE]

Old 12-08-01, 05:38 PM
fuller911
Visiting Guest
OK

So I'll have to cut into the cast iron vent and run abs/pvc/cpvc or whatever to the fixtures. Do I use 1 1/2" for the tub and lav connection to the vent? Tie into the vent with no-hub connectors, can I use a sanitary cross at the vent or do I have to use 2 sanitary tee's? Also, can I leave the drain pipes where they are at or should I replace the toilet piece of the plumbing?

Old 12-08-01, 05:46 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
[SIZE=3]You can just cap the old lines after you cut and plumb them in correctly, you can use a doulble san-tee to pick up the tub and lav vents, use ferncos, for the transitions, 1-1/2" is ok for the tub and lav drains.

[/SIZE]

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: