Anti-Scald valve??

Old 12-10-01, 07:07 AM
Jaci
Visiting Guest
Anti-Scald valve??

Hello. I have been reading this forum for awhile and it is so imformative! I am glad to have found it.

Anyways, we have a 2 year old house and evidently, we have anti-scald valves installed in both showers (the hot water to the showers is more like luke warm, but the sinks and tub are fine?), is there a way to get rid of them or dissable them.....we set the water heater up, but that really didn't do much.

We have no children and I prefer a hot shower...not a luke warm one.

Thank you for any advise!

Old 12-10-01, 11:11 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
[SIZE=3]Not recommened, there for your protection, what brand are these valves? You may just need to replaces the cartiages in them, to get them to work correctly.[/SIZE]

Old 12-11-01, 02:34 AM
Jaci
Visiting Guest
The brand of shower faucet is Moen (I am pretty sure)....the house is only 2 years old, would the cartridge need to be replaced so soon?

Old 12-11-01, 02:47 AM
[SIZE=3]When you turn the valve on, do you just turn the handle or do you have to pull out then turn left and right for the hot and cold control?[/SIZE]

Old 12-11-01, 09:43 AM
Jaci
Visiting Guest
There is one handle, and for "off". it needs to be all the way to the right...then when I turn it on, I just move it all the way to the left to the hottest setting which isn't hot at all....as a matter of fact, it doesn't even go all the way in the "red" section....it stops like in the middle....but I have tried to see if I can pull it out or something, but nothing works....

So, basically, you just move it..no pulling out or anything like that.

Old 12-11-01, 10:12 AM
[SIZE=3]This is the Posi-Temp Valve, ok you have to remove the handle, either there is a screw under the handle cap, or there is a allen screw below the handle that holds this on.

Take handle off, you should see two white inserts with handle removed, this is the temp stops, you can remove the 1st one, the one that has the teeth on it, the smaller of the two, all this is, is for you to set the tempature you like so when ever you turn the shower on you don't have to make no adjustments, just by turning it all the way to the hot.

Now if you do not see these inserts then you have to replace the cartiage,

After you remove this insert turn on the shower all the way to hot.

Did the handle now turn farther then before? Did the water get hot?

If that works for you then just put the handle back on, and leave the 1st insert out and only put the larger one back in.
[/SIZE]

Old 12-12-01, 02:21 AM
Jaci
Visiting Guest
Thank you so much! I will do this at home tonight and see what happens.

Thanks again, your advise and knowledge is very much appreciated!!!!!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: