Flushmate

Old 12-25-01, 04:43 PM
H
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flushmate

Does anyone have comments/recommendations on the functional merits of the Sloan valves in the Flushmate line by Sloan or the Kohler with the Flushmate mechanism in them?

Am hoping they're much better flushing action than the typical Kohler/American Standard.

Don't know if they still make them, but the Kohler WC that requires an electric plug just doesn't seem attractive to me.

Thanks

Old 12-26-01, 07:30 PM
plumbguy
Visiting Guest
If you are referring to the residential tank type toilets with the pressure assist bladder in the tank then here is what I have
experienced with them. The acctual flush lever on these type water closets are poorly made and always end up breaking, and it
is a major hastle to get a new handle for them.
I have had to turn down several service calls due to not being able to obtain a handle assy.

Old 12-27-01, 02:36 PM
Visiting Guest
I have 3 Eljer AquaSaver toilets in my home (each installed within the last 1-1/2 years during remodeling projects. They do have a flushmate type of device in the tank to provide pressure assist ( I don't know if the assist unit is manufactured by Sloan or someone else).

The only issue I've had with 2 of the 3 is the gasket between the tank and the pedestal. The 1st unit came with a fairly large trapezoidal shaped gasket that has never leaked. The other 2 came with a shaped gasket that seems prone to pinching or getting a crease for a leak path. I've replaced both of them with off-the-shelf gaskets from Home Depot and have had no other troubles.

If I had another bathroom remodel job I would install another AquaSaver model without giving it a second thought - Overall performance has exceeded my expectations.

Old 12-27-01, 07:42 PM
plumbguy
Visiting Guest
I guess you have to weigh the odds. on one hand you have a professional plumber that comes across this problem several times a year versus one homeowner that is pleased. you do the math.

Old 12-27-01, 10:19 PM
P
I'm a professional plumber and I have a flushmate pressure assist toilet in my house. I think that they work great. far superior to the gravity flush models with the same water capacity. They are higher maintanance though, I have had to tinker with mine more than once in the past few years though.

Old 07-06-11, 12:18 AM
C
Hello Experts,
I just got he Sloan Flushmate 503 toilet flusher and I was wondering if anyone can answer the following installation question

1) Where/how do you fit the thank and the supply shank hose together in the toilet tank? does the shank hose fits behind or in front of the flushmate tank?
2) for some reason, the flush mate is not fitting flat on the bottom of the tank (discharge extension drain)
3) does anyone knows where I can get visual instructions? Flushmate - Installation is not much help!
Thanks,

Carlo

Old 07-06-11, 12:46 AM
R
Carlo,
I have dealt with it alot, but not sure if you got the ceramic tank and bowl complete, what is the brand on it ie. gerber, universal rundle, kohler etc. Now, there are two different scenarios with the supply lines on these pressurized tanks. One the lower supply comes up the left side of the bladder, and two the lower supply comes under and up the right side of the bladder. The number two lower supply is attached to the bladder for a smaller tank and the number one comes visibly up the left side for larger tank. Now if you are trying to convert traditional gravity toilet good luck. Let us know, thank you...http://www.flushmaterepairparts.com/...0/107431_4.jpg, http://www.flushmaterepairparts.com/...0/107430_2.jpg

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: