Toilet- low flush pressure

Old 12-27-01, 04:39 PM
Visiting Guest
Toilet- low flush pressure

I've always had a problem with our upstairs bathroom (house was built in '48) flushing without a lot of pressure. Now it works maybe 1 in 20 flushes, but still very slow. The stopper raises OK, the water comes 1/2" from the top of the fill tube every time. Same amount of water goes in each time. Insides SEEM to be working properly. (Not an expert, but I haven't cut off an extremity yet in complete remodel of the house!)

Doesn't seem to be blockage, as when I've plunged, I get same results. Should I just replace "innards" first, then see what happens? Any comments are appreciated!

Old 12-27-01, 09:15 PM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
First check to see if the toilet bowl is plugged. I always put in three softball size wads of paper on three consecutive flushes. If all three make it down then I declare the toilet bowl free of obstruction. If not then I would say that you have a blockage inside the toilet. I always use a toilet auger (a short snake on a stick) to clear the bowl. Since this is a second story toilet I would rule out problems with the sewer line to the house. I betcha that the toilet bowl is plugged. Check that first.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: