Water Heater

Old 12-31-01, 07:38 AM
Visiting Guest
Water Heater

I HAD A WATER LEAK UNDER THE HOUSE AND NOW THERE IS NO HOT WATER ANYWHERE IN THE HOUSE,DO I NEED A NEW WATER HEATER? OR COULD THE WATER HEATER BE LEAKING? I THINK I STILL SEE A PUDDLE OF WATER IN THAT AREA. PLEASE HELP!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-01, 07:49 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cool

You have a cold water supply line to your water heater (should have a shut-off valve on it), and of course, a hot water line coming out.
If you have an electric heater, and the water leaked out below the heating elements in the tank, the power would have fried the elements, and you would only be getting cold water from the heater.
You can repair an electric water heater, as long as the heater tank itself is not leaking. If the tank is leaking, you have to replace the heater.
Only you can determine what is leaking where. Heater tank? Pipe?
I'm assuming that your water leak under the house has been repaired?
Who did it?
Did they check your water heater?

Old 12-31-01, 08:28 AM
Visiting Guest
my water heater is run on natural gas,the leak was fixed by a friend and no one checked the water heater.I turned the setting to very hot on the heater and the "burner or element" i'm assuming came on. and then a bubbling noise like water was filling up in it or heating it. There is no water inside the house anywhere so i am guessing the hot water is leaking out of a pipe that is running inside the wall to under the house.If the water heater is working correctly should the water that comes out of the faucet on the tank be hot? thank you for your input.
:

Old 12-31-01, 10:17 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cool

TURN YOUR HEATER GAS OFF IMMEDIATELY!
IF YOU HAVE NO WATER, THAT MEANS THAT THERE'S NO WATER IN THAT HEATER.
If someone repaired a leak, they must not have turned the main water valve (or the water meter, if that's what they turned off)back on.
Find it and turn it on.

Old 12-31-01, 12:37 PM
Visiting Guest
Thank you for your help,but that wasn't the problem .I have thrown in the towel. Time to call in the pros! A cold shower is not in my future. Thanks anyway