clothes washer drain slow...

Old 01-09-02, 04:08 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
clothes washer drain slow...

i've noticed lately that sometimes, every 4'th load or so, when the washer is draining, about 4 cups of water overflow the drain. i have a snake that i used this evening, and did get 2-3 small clumps of what looked like hair/fiber. i used the snake for about 15 minutes and then tried again, still got close to overfclowing. i can hear the sound difference when the water get's close to the opening of the tube. since i'm not a plumber, it's hard to "feel" if there is a clog with the snake, or a bend in the pipe. is there some drano type product that i can buy, or should i just continue to try with the snake?

thanks
mitch.

Old 01-09-02, 04:34 PM
[SIZE=3]The drain needs to be cleaned out to it's full bore, all the way to were it connects to the mainline, most will call and get it done, or you can rent and try this yourself.[/SIZE]

Old 01-10-02, 02:45 PM
M
snaked out line...

i have a small snake that i used. i used it last night and pulled out a small amount of lint. that is all. i continued to try, but i can only seem to get about 6 ft into the drain and i hit something solid. i'm assuming it's a bend in the pipe. how do i get past it?

mitch.

Old 01-10-02, 02:52 PM
[SIZE=3]Where are you cleaning the drain from? Where the washer hose go in at? Where?[/SIZE]

Old 01-10-02, 03:04 PM
same thing happened to me

hey...the same thing happened when we moved into our house, except the water shot out like a water cannon during the spin cycle...

i called roto-rooter...they climbed onto the roof and used there machine of magic...they cleaned out 40 ft of pipe going through the vent pipe....it works like new now...not a problem since...

cost me $70, but it was worth it...

michael

Old 01-11-02, 02:15 AM
M
washer drain...

i'm using the drain where the tube goes. should there be a vent pipe on the roof? where should i attempt the snake from? i may just have to get a plumber to do it if i can't get it past that point.

mitch.

Old 01-11-02, 02:35 AM
vent pipe

ok...i was just like you when it happened to me...especially when roto-rooter came and climbed onto my roof...i asked them, "why are you climbing on my roof?"...i didn't understand why they were doing that...they said they do that so they don't mess up the inside of your house with their equipment...basically, it is a courtesy to the customer...it prevents them from getting your house messy...

the vent pipe they used was the vent pipe that tied into my kitchen and washing machine drain...they cleaned it all the way to the main trunk of the house...

that is all i know...i guess if the clog was before the point in the drain pipe where the vent pipe connects, then they would have had to come inside the house to unclog...

i hope this helps...

michael

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: