Toilet Plumbing

Old 01-10-02, 06:49 AM
Visiting Guest
Angry Toilet Plumbing

Hello,

My Toilet is all messed up. The other day I went to flush it, and it was fine, two seconds later my husband flushed it, and it didnt go down, but the bowl filled to the top and came over the top. so I plunged thinking something might be clogged, and it was fine for a while, normal regular flushing, etc.... later that day it did it again, with the same result. Today someone left the toilet running and it overflowed all over and I cant get a good flush... now I can hear water comming out somewhere under the floor and the toilet was kinda bubbling with air... oh yea, my sink as well.. bubbles and hisses from the trap when we flush the toilet or take a shower...

I am broke and cant call a plumber.. please help...

Old 01-10-02, 07:27 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
[SIZE=3]Sounds like the mainline is plugged up. Is there a mainline cleanout outside, if so remove the cap, then rent a snake and run the line.[/SIZE]

Old 01-10-02, 07:33 AM
Visiting Guest
no clean out line

nope no clean out line... I am thinking the the clog might be ice in the main line... and some water is getting thru... but not everytime..

how else do you snake... I dont own a snake..

Old 01-11-02, 07:14 AM
csandels
Visiting Guest
Unfortunately, it does sound like a clog in your main drain line. When you hear gurgling through another drain, that usually means the clog is down in the main line. I just had a clog removed from my main line and I can not imagine trying to snake it out myself. What a mess! It could be caused by tree roots if you have some large trees in your yard. You will probably have to bite the bullet and call a rooter service that uses a big electronic rooter. Here in the midwest they charge somewhere between $60 - $100 to clean out a main line. You might need to put off a couple of bills, as your drainage system must work properly.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: