Toilet won't empty completely

Old 01-16-02, 11:27 AM
Visiting Guest
Question Toilet won't empty completely

The toilet in the upstairs master bath will not empty completly. Instead of going all the way out, the water will swirl around and wirlpool the paper, etc... out the bottom, but not anything that floats (I know, too much information!). I usually end up with some small particles and maybe some paper left after flush. About one in ten will give the air sound when it completely empties. My other upstairs toilet and downstairs toilet are fine. I have removed the toilet, run water down the four inch drain, snaked it more than once. I also snaked the vent, and pulled a baby diaper all the way through the toilet trap. One person said that sometimes the toilet bowl additives you place in the tank may change the specific gravity of the water and cause it to operate differently. I hate to replace the toilet because it's about 20 years old and new toilets have a smaller base that will not fill the area carpeted around it. I have replaced most of the insides of the toilet and tried different water levels. What gives?

Old 01-16-02, 12:28 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Take a 5 gal bucket of water and pour into the toilet bowl, did the water leave the bowl like it should? If it did, then cleanout the flush ring and the blow holes, in the toilet, and if you have the blue cake drop in's that you put in the tank, you know the stuff to make the water blue, remove it, a number one cause for sluggish flushing toilets.

P.S. I once lived in Yube City, just south of you

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: