replaced toilet tank insides now no water pressure

Old 01-25-02, 01:59 PM
Visiting Guest
replaced toilet tank insides now no water pressure

We enjoyed great water pressure until we replaced the insides of our toilet tank. Now the water pressure in our whole house is real low. We use public (city) water. What did we do wrong?

Old 01-25-02, 03:26 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Make sure you turned the water back on all the way, if thats good there, then:

Start be removing the areators on the faucets, and clean them out.

Old 01-25-02, 04:41 PM
Visiting Guest
Checked the one areator. I don't have them on the kitchen and bathtub faucets. Forgot to mention both hot and cold water affected. The bath sink has good pressure without the areator. Other faucets still low.

Old 01-25-02, 04:41 PM
joelp
Visiting Guest
Many times pieces of rust and dirt get into the valve assembly and can restrict flow or cause it not to seal. Fluidmaster suggests that after installation, you remove the assembly, and invert a cup while turning on the water to clear the pipes of debri prior to using the new assembly.

Give it a shot, it may just solve your problem.

Old 01-25-02, 04:44 PM
joelp
Visiting Guest
Sorry, didn't read through to the end. IF you are having whole house water pressure issues, I would suggest that if you have turned the main valve on and still have a problem, than the valve may be bad. Washers or pieces of the washer may have dropped off the stem and is causing you to have restricted water flow. You may need to get a plumber to turn main off at street to repair. Out of curiousity, are your neighbors having problem with water pressure?

Old 01-25-02, 04:59 PM
Visiting Guest
Thanks. Tried the inverted cup several times with no luck.
Also we only turned the water off at the toilet not the main. I will also check with neighbors.

Old 01-25-02, 05:02 PM
Visiting Guest
I will admit and regret that we didn't use the cup FIRST before turning the water on after the initial installation.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: