toilet won't drain

Old 01-23-02, 07:38 PM
Visiting Guest
toilet won't drain

My daughter's recently purchased mobile home has a toilet that won't flush. She recently had a septic system backup where the toilet in the full bath, as well as the washing machine were gurgling in the tub. She had the septic tank pumped and the problem went away. Since then, the toilet and washing machine have drained fine.
However, the toilet in the 1/2 bath at the other end of the mobile home will not flush. It will run over if allowed to. Flushing the toilet in the full bath (about 40 ft. from the 1/2 bath) will cause gurgling in the toilet in the 1/2 bath. Also draining the sink in the 1/2 bath will also gurgle in the same toilet. The 1/2 bath sink has any auto-vent on the drain line. If I remove the auto-vent, the toilet flushes just fine, and flushing the other toilet does not cause gurgling in the 1/2 bath toilet. However, even without the auto-vent in place, draining a sinkfull of water in the 1/2 bath will cause gurgling in the 1/2 bath toilet. I've run a snake down both vent pipes on the roof of the place. They are both located above the full bath, one above the bathroom itself and one above the laundry room. The 1/2 bath does not have a vent thru the roof to the outside at that end of the trailer. Appreciate any help you can provide. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-02, 09:17 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Lack of air vents on the system, install more vents.