Toilet/tub/sink backup

Old 01-28-02, 11:33 AM
Visiting Guest
Unhappy Toilet/tub/sink backup

Hi, hoping someone can help. I have read several posts similar to this, but need some more help. I know all of this stuff is connected but not where the clog might be.

Problems are these:

The toilet...doesn't flush properly (it doesn't seem to want to suck the water in the bowl down right, it just fills up and then slowly over time drains out). I have tried plunging and a 25ft hand snake and doesn't seem to help.

If I run my bathroom sink water for too long, it starts coming up thru the tub, and gurgling in the toilet.

The shower/tub....seems to drain to a point and then completely backs up. The water slowly drains out after several hours. Plus we get the backup from the sink and toilet coming up thru the tub.

Several times I have had clean water come out from the bottom of the toilet. I had a plumber come out just a few weeks ago when I had a similar problem and he ran a snake down the main line from the back of the house. I have a tendancy to think the clog is somewhere between the bathroom and the enterance to the cleanout at the back of the house, could that be right.

Should I see water running down that cleanout if I turned on the water in the tub, and just kept it running, because I do not see any running thru those pipes.

Please help me if you can, I would appreciate it.

Old 01-28-02, 11:38 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Cool

Yes, you should see water running through your main drain through the clean-out plug when water is running into a drain in your house.
You may need to pull your toilet to snake the bathroom drain line through the closet bend.
Good Luck!
Mike

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: