Leaky faucet

Old 01-29-02, 01:22 PM
Tony99
Visiting Guest
Leaky faucet

I'm by no means a handyman, so please forgive me if I sound lame.

I have one of those bathroom sinks with individual knobs for the hot and cold water (I think they're called compression faucets or something like that).

Anyways, it's leaks. In turning off the cold water valve underneath the sink, Ive determined that it's the cold water knob that's causing the drips. I tried to find the easy way out and bought a replacement faucet stem (a matching Delta faucet stem) and undid the knob, removed the stem and replaced it. When I put the knob back on (with, of course, the new stem in place), the leak was not only still there, but got worse.

What else would there be to replace? Should I buy a whole new faucet knob kit? What am I missing here?

Thanks for anyone that may be able to help.

-Tony

Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-02, 04:16 PM
toiletjockey
Visiting Guest
On a Delta faucet (on your 2 handle) when you pull that cartridge out, inside the body of the faucet (the hole made with the cartridge removed) there will be a rubber seat and a spring under that rubber seat. The spring is wider at the bottom that end goes in first. Also when you put the cartridge back in there is a tab that lines up with a slot in the body make it drops down in that.
Delta seat and spring kit # RP 4993 ( this will be 2 seats and 2 springs)
Delta cartridge # RP 1740
Hope this helps.