Shower Door Sweep/gasket

Old 01-29-02, 03:48 PM
bookyle
Visiting Guest
Angry Shower Door Sweep/gasket

Hi, I need a new rubber sweep or gasket type of thing that runs along the bottom of the swing out shower door to keep the water from dripping out onto the bathroom floor. I can not find one that fits the groove! The ones I have found are not thick enough. It is such a pain to replace, you have to TRY and slide it down the length of the groove (it doesn't screw on like some I have heard of). If it doesn't fit tight, it will just come out when the door is opened and closed. If it fits properly, it is nearly impossible to get it in the groove. I have replaced it once before, but the store I bought it at has closed down. Home Depot does not have it, nor does Lowe's. Can I buy some sort of a door bottom jam for the shower to close up against to, instead of driving myself insane trying to find a sweep that fits? The door is only 21" wide--a very small shower!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-02, 04:02 PM
toiletjockey
Visiting Guest
Here is a shot in the dark every once in awhile I run into a wierd door sweep or what not and will usually have a little luck witha glass store. The kind you can by mirrors,shoer doors ect. Hope this helps.

Old 01-29-02, 07:42 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
A Glass shop is a good bet. Also if you do find the one that fits though a bit tight to install then start it into the grove and stretch it tight as you pull and it will go easier. Leave extra for it to tighten back up before cutting. Crimp one side of the track to lock it in place so it doesn't slide out. Many manufactures use a track that is applied with double stick tape to the inside bottom which also has a gasket attached to the bottom. It might work as a retrofit yours.