Blockage in main sewer drain

Old 01-29-02, 02:51 PM
Visiting Guest
Blockage in main sewer drain

I have a problem with a partial blockage (85%) due to tree roots, in the main sewer drain frome the house foundation to the city sewer. The plumber said that cutting the roots is at best only a temporary solution, as they will grow back. He recommends that the yard be dug up and the section pipe be replaced with a continuous plastic pipe. the section pipe is approx 45 years old. He says he does not touch chemicals such as acid. What are the problems associated with using acid to attack the root blockage that can be clearly seen in the video done by the snake camera.

Old 01-29-02, 03:26 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
You really should take his advise and replace the line. If you are handy at all you can do it yourself. Just make sure to speak to the local inspector first to make sure you follow the book. Also as far as Acid goes there are many reasons I would not use it. For the good health of all, it can and does explode, its acid it eats most things up and was never intended that I know of to be used as a drain cleaner.

Good Luck

Old 01-29-02, 05:00 PM
toiletjockey
Visiting Guest
If you can afford to have it replaced that sounds best if you can't have him run the the sewer machine it may buy you year (give or take) to save to have it done right.Hope this helps

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: