Yard Traps

Old 02-15-02, 04:26 PM
leslie2369
Visiting Guest
Yard Traps

I have a yard trap behind my house for the main line ans sewer line. My house is 106 years old and the main line is made from 5' sections of clay tiles. I have had the drain snaked and the plumber told me that I must have a colapse in the pipe because he can only get out about 70' - 80'. Well according to the city sewer guys where I live that puts them at the main sewer line in which with a camera the city guys say there is no problem visible 3-4' in my line. I have another company who snaked from the house to the yard trap with no problem and from the yard trap to the main sewer with no problem. How do I get the yard trap cleared?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-02, 05:30 PM
toiletjockey
Visiting Guest
These traps unfortunately are nearly impossible to get a sewer machine through, they are just too tight of a turn. You usually do not need these type of traps any more and are best removed. They were installed for different reasons years ago, I was told by a old timer once that they were usually put in when your rain gutters also drain into the sewer and was to prevent smelling sewer gas beside the house.

Old 02-15-02, 06:52 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
This is something you could actually dig up and replace with a straight piece of pipe with ferncos on each end. It will eliminate headaches in the future.