Low Water Pressure

Old 02-16-02, 12:10 PM
tamu84
Visiting Guest
Low Water Pressure

I installed a new faucet in my kitchen several months ago, and everything worked fine. Just lately, the water pressure in the kitchen sink has been extremely low. This is the only faucet in the house that has the problem. The cutoff for the sink is wide open, so this isn't the problem. Also, I am on a well system. What do you think I need to do to remedy this low pressure?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-02, 01:44 PM
Group Moderator
Upvotes Received: 16
If only the kitchen faucet seems to have a problem, try unscrewing the aerator from the faucet outlet; it may be partially clogged.

Old 02-16-02, 02:02 PM
tamu84
Visiting Guest
I feel stupid now, but what where would the aerator be on the faucet

Old 02-16-02, 02:32 PM
Group Moderator
Upvotes Received: 16
Oh, sorry. Look at the very end of the faucet where the water comes out. You should be able to unscrew the end piece; should be about 3/4" diameter metal piece. Make sure you unscrew it counter-clockwise; remember it's upside down. Once you get it off take the pieces apart, but keep track of the order and position. If you find any debris, clean it out. While the aerator is off, try running the water to see if there is better flow (confirms if the aerator was clogged).

Old 02-16-02, 07:51 PM
tamu84
Visiting Guest
Thanks for the help......I had to unscrew the head of the faucet and readjust a washer and that fixed it. Thanks again for your help.