no prob just a fluidmaster question

Old 02-22-02, 03:56 AM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
no prob just a fluidmaster question

I have noticed that the toilet tanks have a little tube that shoots water into the center uppipe what is this for since most of the water that fills the tank comes from the bottom of the valve?why is it there and what would happen if I make it so it shoots into the tank instead of the middle of the tube.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-02, 08:19 AM
L
This is a refill line that refills the bowl after the flush. Without it the water level in the bowl would be lower than normal and could lead to problems with the next flush. I would suggest that you leave it alone.

Old 02-24-02, 05:56 AM
M
I thought it gets filled thru flapper valve

OK thanks for your fast reply I am still a little fuzzy on the tube.
I thought that the tube is a saftey device in case the fill valve gets stuck.how does water shooting out of the little tube fill up the bowl?I have always thought the bowl fills with the water gushing out the flapper as you lift it.

Old 02-24-02, 06:51 AM
toiletjockey
Visiting Guest
It is also a saftey for that too. Its the overflow tube but it also fills the bowl. That is how the saftey works by dumping water into the bowl and when the bowl gets full enough it flushes. Take a 2 gallon bucket of water and dump it into the toilet you will see the toilet will flush.